Friday, November 4, 2011

New hair

Awhile back I posted about my thinning hair. I thought the hair loss had stopped by about six months out of surgery. I was wrong - it picked up again around the beginning of September and just kept on falling out. :( For most of the last 20 years, I have kept my hair pretty short and either wedged or layered. During the past year or so, I let it grow out a bit - no longer than chin length, but pretty much all the same length in a blunt cut. I really quite liked the new length. However, by mid-October I had lost so much of my original hair volume (truly about 75%!) and had enough new undergrowth (now about an inch or more long), that my remaining longer hair reminded me of a bald person with a bad comb-over! Once again I went to my friend and hairdresser asking for help. I told her I thought it was time to get rid of the old length and start trying to meet the new growth. She worked her magic, and this is the result:





It's not perfectly combed in this photo, but I love the length and it looks so much better! Also, in this photo I am wearing the cute girls' size tee shirt I got at American Girl Place in Chicago last month! Yay me!


1 comment:

  1. Yeah! You're looking great. I know it's been a "one step"... "one day" at a time but the journey has been worth it. There's happiness written all over your face.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete